02/08/2010

I dreamt of lamb last night

Lamb and feta cheese kebabs (makes 8)




I ate these as they were still frying in the pan and burnt my tongue, dam food lust. The cooked feta with the lamb makes for a real gooey/salty/creamy bite. . . oh yeah

50g stale white bread (soaked in cold water for 2 mins)
200g minced lamb
55g feta cheese
1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 garlic clove
1 free range egg
15g flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


Put all the ingredients in a bowl - mix it up with your hands. Take small handfuls of the mix, pat between palms of your hands and roll to look like fingers. Then let them chill (1hr) - my eagerness got ahead of me at this point and I went straight to frying. After chilled either fry them (10-12mins) or bake them (20mins)

1 comment: